Re: Algae in rivers

J. Odian writes:

<< In addition, aerating water does not make algae grow faster. Just
take a simple look at nature. Do you ever see algae growing in a fast
flowing river? No! >>

Well, I guess it's safe to say you have never tried to cross a moving stream
in  your bare feet.  The slipperyness of the rocks on the bottom is algae.  I'
ve seen very few nutrient-rich streams where it didn't grow, even fast-moving
ones.  The Boise River cruises, but the bottom has a thin layer of algae on
many of its rocks once you get down around the dairy farms.

Bob Dixon