Re: Tropica illegal import?

> Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 03:22:00 EDT
> From: PacosBilly at aol_com
> Subject: Re: Tropica illegal import?
>
> Dear Group,
>     I apologize about the confusion about my first post about Tropica and
the
> United States, it was very late (if you check the time on my first post,
it's
> near 4am).
>     My intentions were not to say that Tropica had done anything wrong at
> all. I should have said that: The USA does not approve of importing any
plant
> that they can't see the roots of, which is a valid restriction in most
cases.
> However, in this case I find it very harmful to our hobby.
>     Why should the USA allow Tropica to import? First off, I'm sure we can
> all agree that it's a first rate company, and they really are involved
with
> us as much as we can ask for from a commercial grower. Secondly they
provide
> some very valuable catalogs and website with valuable references which, if
> you haven't seen it, please do, they really do have some lovely plants.
> (www.tropica.dk or www.tropica.de if you speak deutsche :-) )If you've
never

www.tropica.de has as far as i can see nothing to do with www.tropica.dk and
www.tropica.com

The .de page is about plants for your living room, and not aquariumplants :)

So you did mean that it was illegal for pet shops in USA to import tropica
plants, and not that tropica did import illegal plants, right ?

It does not matter to me if you can buy Tropica plants in USA or not, i live
about 250 KM south of tropicas factory in the same Country, Denmark. So i
can get all the Tropica plants i want.
But off course i thing everyone should have access to those top quality
plants.
Therefore i will off course gladly help you somehow to make it possible for
you to import. Just post here about it and i am in.

With many Thanks

Soren ' Disky ' Reinke  ICQ #1413069

Please visit my Freshwater Aquaria Webpage
http://www.disky-design.dk/fish

Now available:
      The internets first PLANT SEARCH ENGINE
      http://www.disky-design.dk/fish/PlantSearch/PlantSearch.html