[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Tropica illegal import?
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: Tropica illegal import?
- From: Chuck Gadd <cgadd at cfxc_com>
- Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 14:15:31 -0600
- Delivered-To: fixup-Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com@fixme
- References: <200009151948.PAA24539 at actwin_com>
William Beckerman wrote:
> As somebody that *really* wants to buy Tropica plants, and doesn't
> understand why after 12 years of importing the USDA put a ban on them, I
> like to hear more on 'Tropica's illegal importing'.
As far as I know, the reason they can't be imported is because they are
planted in rockwool. They need to be bare roots, I assume for inspection
> I am hard at work putting the Tropic website database into a standalone
> Mac/Windows FileMaker pro version that I can distribute, assuming I can
> obtain permissions from Tropica.
I've got a series of PERL scripts that parse their web pages, and I've got
the results as a MS-SQL7 database.
I even got their permission to build a web interface using their data,
but Soren beat me to the punch.