Tropica illegal import?

Aquatic Plants Digest 9/15/00 3:48 AM Aquatic-Plants-Owner at actwin_com

>Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 02:30:46 EDT
>From: PacosBilly at aol_com
>Subject: Tropica illegal import?
>
>Can we get a call to action to protest Tropica's illegal importing? Say we
>start a petition or something of the sort? at least all of us email some
>respective authority about the problem? Good stuff, Bill

I seem to have missed the start of this tread...I did a search on the
index but all I find are threads from last year and even as far back as
96.

As somebody that *really* wants to buy Tropica plants, and doesn't
understand why after 12 years of importing the USDA put a ban on them, I
like to hear more on 'Tropica's illegal importing'. Could you repeat of
give me the digest number?

I am hard at work putting the Tropic website database into a standalone
Mac/Windows FileMaker pro version that I can distribute, assuming I can
obtain permissions from Tropica.

If you don't have their catalog contact Dave Gomberg <gomberg at wcf_com>
about buying one. If only as a reference guide, this is worth having,
IMHO. The pictures and the information are first rate.

William Beckerman
Cornelius, NC