RE: Experience and CO2 regulation

> I don't care if it IS made in Germany, if it kills your fish it is still
> > defective.

Careful.  ;-))  A kerosene heater will still blow up
if you fill it with gasoline (application inconsistent
with intended product use, and the regulator is made
by a company that probably doesn't keep fish.)  ;-)))

> > I believe that my earlier comment still stands: Any end-of-tank failure
> is a
> > failure of the design of the CO2 delivery system.

I kind of agree with this, except that lightbulbs are
designed to burn out.  They don't have to be, but
that makes them cheaper.  A product may cover
80% of the use cases or 99% of the use cases,
and really it's based on the vendor and the buyer's
product expectations.

> > That should be worth at least 4 cents........

I'll accept that.  I don't get paid what I'm worth either,
though.  ;-)))))))

> (NOTE: Quickly changing subjects...)
> > Subject: Water Chemistry, Simplified
> >
> > From the Denver Rocky Mountain News, reporting on answers to health and
> science
> > questions from junior high, high school and college students:
> >
> > 1. H2O is hot water, CO2 is cold water.
> >
> > 2. Water is composed of two gins: oxygin and hydrogin. Oxygin is pure
> gin.
> > Hydrogin is gin and water.
> >
> > 3. If you smell an odorless gas, it's probably carbon monoxide.

These are great.  I think we should collect these for the APD
too.  I seem to recall an APD poster a few years back that
kept offering advice to newbies about how activated carbon
produces carbonic acid in the tank.

The funniest thing I've ever read was a history of the world
as re-assembled from COLLEGE level students, which
included, "Magellan circumcised the world with a 100-foot
clipper" and "The sun never sets on the British Empire
because the British Empire is in the East, and the sun
sets in the West."

I'd love to get my hands on that thing again.

--charley
charleyb at cytomation_com