Re: CO2 Regulators, Insults and Subjectivity

On Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 14:03:52 EDT FocaIPoint at aol_com

>> The instruments on the regulator are there for a reason.
>
>Sure and so's a bathroom scale.

Good comparison.  I just find it easier to look at a gauge than to run back and
forth to the bathroom.  Then again, there are some very nice scales with
forward-facing displays that can be used full-time under a cylinder.

>Others may not take the same obsessive -- compulsive delight in such
>minutia. Who's right? no one. It's called personal preference.

That's correct.  I've always advocated personal preference.  What again, may
seem like rocket science to one person is quick and fast reading to someone
else.  Nothing about becoming educated and knowing how to maintain and implement
one of these systems is obsessive.  Feel free to take chances (with these
issues), fully trust marketing materials or whatever else you will.  When people
do this at least they should also take "responsibility."

>If you insist on calling  people *ASSHOLES* please do it via private E-mail
>please.

In regards to your subject, this term as used to describe neil wasn't intended
as an insult.  It was a subjective observation on my part as to his character.
Just a flat fact - profiling him.  :)  Oh, don't get me wrong...  I know for a
fact he would probably take it as an insult.  If you have a problem with the
word, please don't repeat it.

>Oh a suggestion: you may wish to keep your paragraphs to 10-15 lines or less,
>what you write will be more readable.

Here's a suggestion for you...  If you believe any of my paragraphs to be over
15 lines, then count them again.  If you find anything that long, then reformat
your screen, because I assure you that with modest formatting, nothing is over
13 lines.

>And after all this is what it is about is it not? Communication?

And obviously about picking nits.  Again, information or content is lacking.

>Good fortune to your search to reinvent the wheel and rediscover fire.

If you believe that's what I and other are doing, that's *your* problem.  When
someone builds that better mousetrap, feel free to stick with the old standard.

>I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has had a negative experience
>using the Bioplast CO2 injection system. For me it has been working without flaw.

I have no experience with it.  Why not share some additional details.  If you
have already posted at length about that system, then just let me know which
digest the information is contained in.  You may wish to follow up with a link
to any info on the web as well (doesn't take long to throw one in when you
mention it).  I just looked it up quickly (found Profistar) and it looks like a
regulator, needle valve and DIY diffusor.  For that kind of money I'll have all
the same components but of better quality.  Sure, it's a bit more work to
research them, but then I know as much as possible about them and how the
interface.  Once everything gets written up, my myself and/or others, anyone
else wanting the same thing will be able to do so with no difficulty at all.

As I mentioned in another message, the DIY approach really appeals to me.  I
also like sharing information.  It falls in line with my passions for other
hobbies.  Home Audio for instance.  Would I ever bother to get a pre-packaged
system or something integrated?  Not likely if I want something to my own
specifications.  Again, there is no reinventing of the wheel happening however.
I'm not making amps, transports, DACs.  Just configuring systems with components
I find ideal and balanced with each other.  Same goes for CO2 injection in this
case.  I doubt very much Bioplast simply grabbed random components to make their
systems - it would be a nightmare if every system they shipped included a
different regulator.

Bruno