Hoke valves

At 03:48 AM 9/13/00 -0400, James Purchase wrote:
>When I look at Hoke's web site (http://www.hoke.com/), their online product
>catalogue shows a number of different series of valves - but it does not
>resolve the part number beyond the main series:
>
>Micro-mite Forged Metering Valves: 1600 Series     Cv = 0.0008
>Milli-mite Forged Metering Valves: 1300 Series       Cv = 0.010 (1 degree
>stem) ; Cv = 0.24 (3 degree stem)
>Bar Stock Metering Valves: 2300 Series                  Cv = 0.012 (1 degree
>stem) ; Cv = 0.077 (8 degree stem)
>
>Anyone have any idea which of the Hoke valves are useful for our purposes?

The one I saw was a Micro-mite metering valve.  They are pretty costly, but
they are very nice.  Incidentally, Neil Frank gets the credit for having
found this valve, altho he did find it by accident.  My guess is that the
other letters in the part number refer to how it attaches to the input and
output devices.

--
NEW Planted Aquaria Magazine:        http://www.wcf.com/pam