Subject: Surface Film

I have had this problem too.  It is odd, I have this film some of my tanks
and not in others.  For a while, I was theorizing that it might be due to
the laterite, but I am really not sure that this makes a difference.

Anyway, I ended up buying the Eheim surface skimmer because I didn't want to
look at the greasy gunk any more.  This device works beautifully (a bit
pricey though, if I recall correctly).

Gitte

From: RWmMartin at aol_com wrote:

<<<<<I have a 125gal planted tank established for over 6 years. I have a
surface
film that looks like a thin layer of wax paper floating. When I do a water
change and do pruning It disappears. Then the film starts back within 10
hours and builds. It does not seem to affect the fish. If I try to scoop it
up with a fine mesh net, some is collected and the rest breaks up in the
turbulence, looking like skin peelings. It has no odor and washes out of the
net easily. I use a CO2, yeast system, but have turned it off for over a
week
now.
Any suggestions?>>>>>