[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
What's a good algae eater for a small tank with guppies?
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: What's a good algae eater for a small tank with guppies?
- From: "Scott D. Goett" <sdgoett at ufl_edu>
- Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 20:33:19 -0400
- References: <200009111604.MAA17030 at actwin_com>
For that size tank, I would recommend some Otto cats. Their max size is 2 inches adn they are very efficient algae eaters. A little whiptail plecos would probably pretty good too. Remember that for both of these fish that if they eat all the algae in the tank, you will have to feed them some algae discs or something. The gold and chinese algae eaters are pretty good at algae eating too, but they get up to 5-6 inches and can get pretty territorial and might cause a little bit of a problem in a small tank.