Re: Betta Bulbs

> Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 23:53:29 GMT
> From: "Shawn Davis" <godinblack at hotmail_com>
> Subject: Betta Bulbs
>
> Please forgive me for I have not had the time to check the archives for this
> info, however....
>
> Can anyone give me or direct me to some info about "Betta Bulbs"?
> I have three of them in my 3 gal. tank.  The tank contains 1 male and
> nothing else but the bulbs.   I have had them for 2 weeks and they are
> already 3 inches each with two to four strands per bulb.

They sound like the same thing as the "hybrid lily" bulbs from
Wal-Mart.  If so, they are hybrid Aponogeton seedlings, probably Apon.
ulvaceus x crispus.  Eventually, they will send up floating leaves and
flower stalks; mine were self-fertile and set viable seeds.  I pulled
up the original plants and gave them to a LFS when they outgrew my 20
gallon tank, but I still have a few of their seedlings.

Best regards,
Bob