Re: Low Light Plants

> Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 19:47:04 -0400
> From: twhitley at onyx_xtalwind.net
> Subject: Low Light Plants
>
> I have just started to get serious about having a planted tank. Right now,
I  have a 20
> gallon high with  a 2 20 watt flourescent fixture on it. I would like to
upgrade to
> something brighter but so far have no idea of what I am looking for.  I
would like some
> input on fixtures and what type of lighting I need for this tank. Also, I
do not want
> plants that need a great light intensity. Medium to low light plants are
fine. So far, I am
> growing Java moss like crazy. With my current tank status, what other
plants are low
> light that will grow?

With that amount of light you don't have to only go for the medium low light
plants.

I have a 66 gal tank with only 60 watt of light an i have even grown non low
light plants. so in a small tank like yours you should have no problems,
except with high light plants.

Feel free to test use my plant search engine to help you select.

But you could grow, echinodorus, anubias, hydrocotyle, cryptocoryne, java
fern, hygrophilla, and many more without any problems.

With many Thanks

Soren ' Disky ' Reinke  ICQ #1413069
Remove IHSYD from email address when replying by email

Please visit my Freshwater Aquaria Webpage
http://www.disky-design.dk/fish

Now available:
      The internets first PLANT SEARCH ENGINE
      http://www.disky-design.dk/fish/PlantSearch/PlantSearch.html