Light on substrate in 70 vs 75 gallon

>Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 07:49:17 -0500
>From: "Danny ounsworth" <luxembourg26 at angelfire_com>
>Subject: Light on substrate in 70 vs 75 gallon

>I'm trying to decide if I should go with a 70 or 75 gallon tank.  The 75 gallon
is an >Oceanic with dimensions of 48 x 18 x 21.  The 70 is a Nature's Way (made
by >Oceanic) with dimensions of 48 x 18 x 19.

>My question is what would be the difference in light reaching the substrate
with >the 2 inch difference in height.
Assuming that both tanks are acceptable to you, I would go with the taller tank.
You could always put more substrate in it to raise the floor 2 inches (or lower
the water column 2 inches if you want to try to get something to flower,) but
there's no easy way to add height to a tank.  You could also terrace the tank to
have short and tall areas.

Bruce.