Lamp Holders

I am interested in an acrylic lamp rack I saw in the Pet Warehouse catalog
lighting section.  The description states that it is designed to hold four
T12 fluorescent tubs using a guillotine-style arm and the included nylon
fasteners.

My question to those who have this rack are the tubes basically loose when
the arm is opened? Is the arm the only thing that holds the bulbs in place?

Is this designed to be mounted underneath a hood or can you place this
directly on the aquarium glass?

Is there a way to make a rack like this?

Thanks,

I just can't tell from the picture much about this and have not seen one in
a store.  Do they make these for T8's.

Gavin