Betta Bulbs

Please forgive me for I have not had the time to check the archives for this
info, however....

Can anyone give me or direct me to some info about "Betta Bulbs"?
I have three of them in my 3 gal. tank.  The tank contains 1 male and
nothing else but the bulbs.   I have had them for 2 weeks and they are
already 3 inches each with two to four strands per bulb.

My parameters are:

PH--7.4
TEMP--72 to 78 far.
I change about 70% water every week with dechlor. tap water.  I assume the
betta is happy due to the constant nest.  I just wanted some basic info on
the bulbs.  Thanks in advance