Light on substrate in 70 vs 75 gallon

I'm trying to decide if I should go with a 70 or 75 gallon tank.  The 75 gallon is an Oceanic with dimensions of 48 x 18 x 21.  The 70 is a Nature's Way (made by Oceanic) with dimensions of 48 x 18 x 19.

My question is what would be the difference in light reaching the substrate with the 2 inch difference in height.

If I have a 2 inch to 2.5 inch substrate then that leaves me with 19 inches height for plants in the 75 but only 17 inches height in 70. On one hand I like the extra space for tall plants but I want light to reach the substrate.

Those of you with 75 gallon do you find 19 inches is too much height.  Those with 70 gallon do you wish you had 2 more inches of height.

I will use 4 Fluorescent tubes. Probably 2 Tritons and 2 less expensive bulbs I will change more often. I would like to have an area in front with carpet like plants but taller plants in the back.

Since the footprint of then tanks is the same I have been debating which tank to get.  The extra height and gallons would mean a few more fish for me and extra room for tall plants to stretch.  I have not kept carpet plants before except for sagittaria and am not sure how much light I need down at substrate level.  I do like the look of E. tenellus though.

Thanks for any input to help me make my decision.  I will gladly accept private posts as well.

Danny