Re: Just overhauled my 10 gallon

I can't help with any of your other problems, with the exception of one
comment on the following:

>  I topped it up
>  using water from a dehumidifier.

I was considering using water from a dehumidifier as well, thinking it would
be as good as ro or distilled water. I checked in archives, and there were
several comments on metal toxicity (either zinc and/or copper, can't recall)
in water collected from a dehumidifier.

I don't know whether anyone's had any practical experience with it and found
it's use actually detrimental to fish and/or plants, but this was the
information given there. It was enough to deter me from using it.

Sylvia