Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #528

I have moved my 125 gal planted tank 3 times. I remove all the fish, most of
the water ,but saving 5-6  five gal. buckets of the water. I then raise the
tank at one end 3"-4" and siphoned out as much water as I can from the
substrate.  I cover the entire inside of the tank with wet newspapers. Then I
put two pieces of 3/4" plywood under the tank. Then 4 of us carry it to a
waiting truck and transport very carefully. This tank has been set up since
12/92, moved 3 times, and never had the substrate disturbed.