Re: Positioning Driftwood

Paul,

I'd put the driftwood in place first, before you shovel in the gravel. To
protect the bottom glass from any possible damage from the slate base, you
can use a piece of plastic needlpoint canvas (available at any hobby or
craft store) between the slate base and the glass. On new tanks I usually
cover the entire bottom of the tank with this stuff - it helps (a bit) even
out any pressure from rocks or driftwood and prevents any possibility of the
bottom glass getting scratched as you move the gravel around during planting
or re-arranging.

James Purchase
Toronto