CO2 toxicity

At 03:48 AM 9/9/00 -0400, William Beckerman wrote:
>Remember it doesn't take that much C02 to kill you!

This brings up an interesting point, how to know if you have too much CO2
around.   The symptoms of too much CO2 in the air are heavy, distressed,
almost panicked breathing.  If you experience these symptoms, gather up you
and yours and go outside.

The toxicity mode of CO2 is depressed blood pH, which has various systemic
toxic effects.

I don't know how much CO2 in the inspired air it takes to be toxic, but I
would bet it is quite a bit.
--
NEW Planted Aquaria Magazine:        http://www.wcf.com/pam