Re: Anti Dump CO2 Rewgulator

> Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 11:35:08 EDT
> From: FocaIPoint at aol_com
>
> But, why let the tank go empty in the first
> instance?  Weight it when full with the regulator and hoses attached. Put a
> piece of tape on the tank and write that number on it. Weigh the tank
> periodically and when it approaches say 4 pounds or less (for a five pound
> tank) shut it down and get a refill or replacement tank.
>
> Or am I missing something here as usual?

You may be missing the high pressure gauge. No need to weigh the tank, just look
at the gauge once a week or so. While there is still liquid CO2 in the tank, the
tank pressure stays constant (900 PSI or so). When enough CO2 has been used, the
liquid is gone and you are left with pure gas. As the gas is used up, the tank
pressure slowly drops. We change ours when the pressure gets down to 200 PSI or
so. The folks at the gas store like to have a little left so they can release it
quickly to chill the bottle (so you get your fair share of fresh). You have
plenty of time to watch the pressure drop - our ten pound tanks take about a
month to go from 900 to 200 PSI.

George Booth in Ft. Collins, Colorado (booth at frii_com)
  http://www.frii.com/~booth/AquaticConcepts