Re: Hobby industry vs Environment

> Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 10:47:09 -0700 (PDT)
> From: peachdoo at excite_com
> Subject: Hobby industry vs Environment
>
> Hello Folks:
>      I hope that what I have to say contributes to hobbiests wanting to
> become more expert in their knowledge of managing their aquariums,
> terrariums, etc.  But the statement by BIGphish118 has merit.  In my varied
> reading, I have come to the conclusion that many species of wildlife, be
> they plant or animal, are only going to survive in the hands of hobbiests
> until the crises around the loss of their environments is addressed and
> action taken to restore these envoronments.

snip... (lotsa good stuff)

>      Thanks and I look forward to discussion on this.  I have stated an
> opinion in this matter and not the foundations for a flame war.

To see the next step beyond stay-at-home hobbyists, I urge you to check out:

http://www.tkphotos.com/DSAC/index.htm

In particular, read Jim Lawson's superb introduction. This is where the
hobby/conservation interface works best for many of us.

Wright

--

               "Bipartisan" means some larger-than-usual
                 government deception is taking place.

               *** http://www.self-gov.org/index.html ***