Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #500 (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 20:17:16 -0400
From:osullivan at ameritech_net
Subject: Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #500 (fwd)

> PecosBilly wrote:
> Subject: Diskus and CO2
>
> Today, Breeder told me both that Discus hate bright lite, and that they hate
> CO2, O2 doesn't have anything todo with O2... metabolically with fish that
> is... so what's the deal? taste funny? all parameters same with or without
> CO2 (obviously there will be CO2 in the water, and all the chemical changes
> that go with that). Superstitions not accepted, thanks, Bill
>
> ------------------------------

I would strongly disagree with the "Breeder" on both points.  I have four Blue diamond
discus, in a heavily planted tank, that I had nothing but problems with until I doubled the
lighting and added DIY CO2 injection.  Now the Discus are as happy as the plants are.  Two
of them have even mated up and have been spawning once a week on the driftwood since
improving conditions for optimal plant growth.  They keep eating the eggs, but
still...........: )  As a matter of fact, they're going at it right now!  Just proves the
old addage: Happy plants = Happy fish!  See for your self at:
 Pat's Aquatic Escape
See ya!
Pat O'Sullivan
Livonia, Michigan