Re: Trimming Micranthemum

Sylvia asked how to maintain a micranthemum "hedge".

I have found that frequent small prunings are a better method than
periodic major overhauls. I trim each week and the clump stays full
and leafy. The two times that I let it get away from me and had to
hack back, the plant languished for several weeks before filling in
with foliage again. I think that cutting and replanting the tops would
be a nightmare! Give your clump some time to recover from the
major pruning, then you should see new growth.

Cathy Hartland
Middletown, MD