Murky water

This post reminded me of other posts about murky water. I don't think it's
worth it to anguish over it, and just wanted to post some results about my
recent experience with murky water and what I did about it.

For about 3 weeks to 1 month I had murky water. It was in a tank that's been
established since late last year, so it was not a cycling thing. Initially, I
thought it might have been getting green, but it was not green, just murky.
If I didn't change the water frequently enough, it would get so murky that
one couldn't see into the tank. I was not able to keep up with frequent
enough water changes to keep the tank clear, and would just change a large
amount when I couldn't see in (figured the plants weren't getting enough
light by then ;-) ). I would say I did a large water change maybe every 5
days or so, if that. Sporadic and not religious. And it would become
noticeably cloudy several hours later, and increase significantly each day.

Finally, one day, on it's own, I noticed the water was staying clear after a
water change a day earlier. Ah, I thought, my troubles were over. During a
tank trimming that very day,  I had the co2 line turned *off* via a crude
little valve from an airline tubing kit. I just forgot to turn it on, and the
bottle was fresh. To my horror, the valve burst and yeast & sugar started
pumping out. Because I have this connector in the line, it doesn't get
through to the tank,  just messes up the walls. This time, I saw some going
into my newly clear tank.

I instantly did a large water change (90%?) immediately, and it's still
clear. I don't know what it was, or why it was there. But have faith, don't
stress, and take the easy (lazy man's?) way out. It will go away on it's own.

Sylvia