Can tinted films make cheap lights visually pleasing?

David,
    I believe that you are trying to shift   the color spectrum for your
favor, however I think that would require energy, the laws of physics would
dictate that without any energy change taking place, there could not be
different wavelengths? This based on the idea that all chemicals give out a
spectral signal, and that there is no way to make one chemical shine in a
different specturm, you can block out certain frequencies, however the bulb's
phosphors would have to make different leaps to higher frequency (similar to
how water will evaporate, i.e. the highest energy particles move into the
air, and only the lesser energy molecules are left in the dish, hence making
the water cooler, i.e. evaporation). In this sense though, energy is going
the other way, into the phosphors, making them leap to a higher quantum
state, and eventually fall back down (that is what light is, the energy given
off from electrons jumping to the next rings of the moleclue) Chemistry
people? Am I far off base?  I know chemistry always brings out the flames, so
lemme just say I'm trying to throw stuff out for discussion. I guess Ivo is
the groups authority on lighting as I've seen, Ivo, any comments? Thanks, Bill