need comforting

Hi all,

I have what I think is a tank cycling question.

Only July 17, I set up a 125 gal and stuffed it with plants and flourite
(mostly swords). It has 6 55W compact fluorescent lamps from AH Supply
(6700K), CO2 injection and an Eheim 2228.

The problem is that the tank is still cloudy. It has cleared up some
from its initial deep cloudiness to a lighter cloudiness that doesn't
seem to be getting any better. Stock is: 5 harlequin rasboras, 4 neons,
2 bleeding hearts, 1 chinese algae eater, 2 tiny Amano shrimp.

Should I just be patient? I haven't done a water change since I set it
up, so it wouldn't disturb the cycle. The fish seem to be fine. The
filter hoses (they're clear; I extended the Eheim's hoses) have a brown
scunge and the water's surface is a little slimy, but I'm not sure if
this is affecting anything.

Also, the sword leaves are yellowing before reaching their full growth,
but they're bubbling like crazy. Is there too much light?

Thanks for any help. E-mail is welcome.

Amy
amyh at atl_mediaone.net