Re: Black PVC (was:Two questions)

David Luckie writes:

> I've seen black PVC in the drainage and irrigation
>  section of Lowe's and Home Depot.

The reason it is in the drainage and irrigation section is because it isn't
PVC.  It's ABS, and in the US is illegal to use for supply plumbing.  In
continuous contact with water it will leach chemicals used in plastic
manufacture known as "plasticizers".  These things are toxic, and I would
strongly recommend against using it in your aquarium.

Bob Dixon
Cichlid Trader List Administrator       º o
http://cichlidtrader.listbot.com               0