Odd Stuff On Crypt Leaves

I've found an odd thing on some C. crispatula leaves.
On some of the leaves that reach the surface is a
clear, gel-like substance with what looks like tiny
stawberry seeds in it.  Snail eggs?  I have some red
ramshorns in there, but besides that, I just don't
know.  This stuff is really hard to remove without
causing damage.  There's not much of it at all, and
it's not a problem.  What could it be?