Re: Another question about water reconstitution

On Thu, 17 Aug 2000, Bailin Shaw wrote:

> Anyways, to my question.  I went to the grocery store yesterday and was
> looking at the calcium tablets.  There are so many types and the ingredients
> vary from one brand to another.  What are some of the extra ingredients that
> are in the tablets that you use beside from calcium carbonate?  I don't want
> to add something that is going to be harmful to my fish.  Thanks for taking
> to time to answer my question.

I'm not sure what you are going after with the calcium carbonate, I've
been out of town for a while and have just read a week's worth of APDs
in one sitting.

You can get food grade calcium hydroxide in the canning and pickling
supplies at your local grocery store.  It is called "pickling lime".  I
*think* it is more soluble than calcium carbonate, but you'd have to be
more careful about its affect on the pH.

Best regards,
Bob