Re:

Paul wrote:
I bought a used 75G tank with a nice wet/dry filter but the
Supreme Mag
Drive pump is noisey. It seems to have cavitation noise which is

getting
tiresome...It is a Model 5 which I am guessing puts out 500gph
at probably
a 1' head and maybe something like 300gph at 4'.  I would like
to replace
it with a new pump which will work for my current setup, a
soon_to_be
heavily planted freshwater tank. I could use some suggestions
for tank
turnover and also for a quiet dependable pump. How about a Rio
2100 or an
Eheim 1250?
-------------------------
Both would do great.
-----------------------

Right now I am tending toward the submersible
type... I know
that the Quiet One is a winner but I am afraid that the output
will be too
much. I am not trying to create a Rocky Mountain stream theme
:-)
You are wise.It wiill cost far less and use less electricity
too.
Regards,
Tom Barr