Re: Pump for a Plant Tank Wet/Dry Filter

Paul,

I'd give Iwaki a shot.  Spendy, but extremely good pumps.  Also, Little
Giant makes a good pump.  Rios have a nasty habit of burning out, but do OK
for a cheap pump.  Another option is to valve down a Quiet One, an option
that has worked well for the 800 gph pump on my 100.  As a final thought, if
you live in an area that ever gets warm, an external (non-submersible) pump
is an advantage as it won't transfer heat to the aquarium water.

Justin Collins

> Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 12:34:44 -0400
> From: Paul Mouritsen <mourip at erols_com>
> Subject: Pump for a Plant Tank Wet/Dry Filter...