Common vs Scientific names (was Florida Flag Fish Freedom)

I did a simple internet search on the Flagfish (Jordanella floridae) and
found at least one educational site that lists the common name as Florida
Flagfish.

http://riverwoods.ces.fau.edu/projects/fish.html

There were many that listed the common name as Flagfish and some that listed
it as American Flagfish.

It seems to me that any of these common names would be okay as long as the
scientific name were also mentioned.

I just wish you guys would give the common names along with the scientific
names of aquatic plants when writing about them, so those of us who don't
yet know the scientific names can learn them as well as understand what
you're talking about. That is, unless you want to limit your conversation to
those who already know the scientific names.

Brenda
Watergardening in the Desert!