Baby gouramis

Who ever said successful hair algae farming was a bad thing? For me, it
turned out to be good nest materials for a honey dwarf gourami pair. ... So
now with my first brood of little fish, I'm soliciting (off-topic - sorry)
advice. They're separated from the parents in a 5 or so gallon bowl with a
good amount of hornwort, some hair algae packets and other gunk (little bit,
not a lot) growing on the hornwort. I'm about to get a brine shrimp culture
going, but these little baby fish aren't big enough for that yet. Should the
micro-organisms and algae present on the hornwort be sufficient food? Again,
sorry for the off-topic post ...