Re: How much florite?

Here's a bit of a late answer - I also have a standard 75 gallon
in which I used 8 bags (15 lbs each) of Fluorite to make a pure
fluorite substrate.  It's sloped pretty linearly from the front
to the rear of the tank, with about 2.5 - 3 inches in front and 4 inches
at the back.  I like this depth, but you could probably get by
with 6-7 bags and still have a pretty good amount, depending on
how large your plants' root systems will get.

-Heide