Re: Good Beginner Plants

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 09:49:57 -0500
> From: "Bryce Carpenter" <bryce at ncci_net>
> Subject: Good Beginner Plants
>
> Hi! I am just starting up a 20 gallon aquarium and I was wondering if
anyone knows any good plants for beginners(btw, this is my first aquarium).
My friend said that Anubias plants are good to start out with. I also have
another question: I don't think that my fluorescent light is powerful enough
for a lot of plants(I think it said 17 watts #:O). Anyway, would it be
alright if I hung a shop light(4 ft. I think) above the aquarium(with, of
course, fluorescent lighting)?
> Thanks!

A bit more light would not hurt.

Other beginners plants are some species of cryptocorynes, amazon sword
(bleheri), java fern, hydrocotyle leocaphala and others.

Try my Plant Search Engine, and use the Easiness selcting and play a bit
with it. Good luck.
With many Thanks

Soren ' Disky ' Reinke  ICQ #1413069
Remove IHSYD from email address when replying by email

Please visit my Freshwater Aquaria Webpage
http://www.disky-design.dk/fish

Now available:
      The internets first PLANT SEARCH ENGINE
      http://www.disky-design.dk/fish/PlantSearch/PlantSearch.html