Re: excess plants

>   Every four or five weeks I find it necessary to trash about 10 percent of
> my plants.  My banana plant, amazon swardplants, aponogetons, ect all had
> babies.  I hate to toss good plants, would  be  better to give them to
> someone.  Soon I will have another bunch of extra plants including a amazon
> sward that needs nothing smaller then a 55 gal.  Anyone interested that lives
> close to Redding Ca. can have some plants.

A couple suggestions:

1) Find a local fish store near you that will give you store credit
for your plant clippings.   I haven't paid for fish food in over
a year thanks to my plants.   I can normally get $10-$15 for a good
sized sword plant.

2) Trade your plant clippings by mail with other people, to get new
plants that you can't find locally.  Until just recently, I was doing
a trade every week or two.   Got some darn nice plants in the deal!

3) Send your excess plant clippings to those less fortunate!  Lately,
I've been mailing out one or two boxes a week.   Cost to ship a
small box of plants is only $3.20 thru Priority Mail.  I normally
ask the recipient pay $5.00 to cover shipping costs, and the cost
the plastic bags and boxes.

--
Chuck Gadd
Director of Software Development, Cyber FX Communications