Resistance

I got a new plant yesterday from a friend. Ever the cautious aquarist, I
considered bleaching it to guard against algae. The consideration was fleeting,
much on the order of nanoseconds. But it got me thinking (yeah, you're right,
there's gonna be trouble) ...

If one constantly bleached plants to get rid of algae and did not use a strong
enough solution or did not have a long enough dwell time, might one then develop
a bleach-resistant strain of aglae that might take over one's tank?

Just wondering.

George Booth in Ft. Collins, Colorado (booth at frii_com)
  http://www.frii.com/~booth/AquaticConcepts
    Bleach-free since 1986