Re: James:-) & the Duckweed

Dwight wrote telling us about his experiences with duckweed and American
Flag Fish.

Never thought I'd say this, but, I.....uh.....err.....argh.....agree
with Dwight. D&%n that was hard to say;-) I had a fertilizer doser
malfunction a while back, dumped 2 weeks worth of fertilizer in a 55
gal. tank at one time and I didn't catch it until the hair algae from
hell showed up. I tried getting rid of it through water changes and
controlling nutrients in the water column, to no avail. Finally brought
in 5 Flag Fish from the outdoor growout pool. Within a day, all of the
algae was gone, and a week later the tank was also free of duckweed.
These fish, when they're outside, are fed on an irregular basis at best,
so to them the tank was a veritable smorgasbord.

Augie Eppler
Green Cove Springs, Fl