Re: filter flow

> If the pump uses an impeller, you should restrict the output flow, not the
> input flow.   Reducing the input will destroy the pump.

Then, how come cannister filters place the media on the intake side of the
impeller assembly - isn't this effectively the same as reducing the input
flow?  I understand that this is done to give suction, rather than pressure,
inside the cannister - making any leaks less of a trouble, but at the
expense of the motor?  What am I missing here?

Derek Johnson
djohnson1981 at yahoo_com