Do silicates effect KH readings

I have been looking at a program that was written to calculate the disolved
CO2 levels, total alkalinity, CO2 partial pressure, pH and total carbon. If
I understand the program correctly ( a pretty big if) if given any two of
the above values the program will return the other two. The program is
called CO2SYS and is designed primarily for salt water but can also be used
for freshwater in a more limited fashion. I have noticed that the program
includes silicates when calculating the total alkalinity of seawater. Does
anyone know if silicates also effect the total alkalinity of freshwater. I
am thinking specifically of Roger Miller here as I believe his water source
is very high in silicates.

Wayne