Re: Zoo Med Bulbs

Erik Olson <erik at thekrib_com> wrote;

<snip>
> bulbs. Around here you can get T-8 ballasts at Home Depot if you don't
> want to find a commercial lighting supplier.
<snip.

This past week I was shopping for T-8 ballasts. I'm looking for instant
star, 3-lamp, high ballast factor models. Home Depot sells a Magnetek with
0.88 ballast factor for $19.99. A couple blocks away, a commercial supplier
sells a Osram/Sylvania 1.18 ballast factor model for $22.13. I *strongly*
suggest to go after the commercial distributors. You get 34% more ligth
with a 10% price increase...

- Ivo Busko
  Baltimore, MD