Re:biofiltration and low pH

Yes, I have read this is the case, but never actually seen it in practice. I
now know for a fact that this is what happened. Do the bacteria become
*dormant* or do they actually die off?  (From my observation, it _appears_
they died off, and the tank is starting from square 1, but this may not be
the case).

And to make matters worse, a (small) plec consumed most of the plant matter
in there (watersprite of all things) leaving very little to filter the
ammonia. Java moss apparently doesn't do much good there.

Sylvia

Roger responded to the following post: