Re: pale sword leaves

Tom Connors talked about some of his sword plant
leaves being somewhat transparent.  We talked about
this the day before at our club meeting, and I
commented that I knew exactly what he was talking
about, having seen it in my own tank.  I'm brining
this up again because I too wonder why leaves from
blehri and rubin swords have grown leaves fully sized
and properly formed but not in the full vibrant colors
they should be (pale).  You can see the outline of
your hand behind them.  This happened to a blehri
while tenellus and quadricostatus grew normally (and
still do).

Does anybody know what we're talking about?  Possible
causes?  I can provide more info if necessary.  Thank
you, Cavan.