H2O2 and BGA

Hello APDer's,

With all of the talk on hydrogen peroxide, I thought I'd throw in some new
information on what happened in my 55G planted tank.  Someone previously
mentioned that they used peroxide to get rid of blue green algae, so I
thought I'd give it a whirl.  I added 1 ounce of peroxide to the tank and by
the next day, the BGA had cleared up.  I still need to check all of the
parameters of the tank to see if there is a major deficiency in nutrients
that's causing this outbreak, but the results are promising.  I hope that it
stays gone in the long run.  I'll keep everybody informed.  Thanks for all
the good info.

Bailin Shaw, President
Oklahoma City Aquarium Association