Re: Mini Dutch tank

In a message dated 7/25/00 11:47:53 AM Mountain Daylight Time,

> I´m thinking of setting up a mini dutch tank, maybe without any
>fish at all or maybe with a couple that provide to the tank a nitrogen
>supply.

Excuse me, am I confused or what?  I thought the fundamental concept of Dutch
tanks is to get the fish to build up lots of fish-pooh in the substrate.
Without fish, how do you do that?  Maybe there's a feline approach.  Of
course to get the cat's cooperation, a kitty-litter substrate may be
required.  I once had a roommate's cat use an empty 20-long as a litter box
with just plain gravel though.  Maybe you just have to train them to go over
the water.

Bob Dixon
Cichlid Trader List Administrator
http://cichlidtrader.listbot.com