Iodized salt

Hello Folks,

In general I agree that I would prefer to use
non-iodized salt.  I would also prefer to err on the
side of caution wrt adding stuff to my aquariums.  I'd
really like to find out if this is one of those "old
wives tales" of the hobby.

Other folks have told me that the Iodine keeps the
salt from caking.  I know very little about this, but,
iodized or not, after a few months in the fishroom,
both boxes of salt will be rock hard.

Any family doctors or nutritionists have comments?
What's a "high" concentration?  Any science?

Chris