Re: filter wool and carbon....

>From: "heinesen" <heinesen at idirect_ca>
>Subject: filter wool and carbon...

>This begs a question: How does filter wool (as opposed to carbon), cause
>bacteria growth in the tank instead of the filter? I thought filter wool
>would be a better biological filter than carbon.

Sorry, I should have been more clear - what I meant was that I change the
filter wool frequently so that the tank eco-system isn't relying on bacteria
growing in it; I wasn't meaning the previously ditched carbon filter cartridge
at all - it does have a fibre layer, which I guess could host some
bacteria....

Kind regards,

Susi Barber.