Re: Canning salt

In a message dated 7/21/2000 00:50:54 Pacific Daylight Time,

> I just started to use a canning/pickling salt in my tank.  It is 98 or 99%
>  NaCl.  Is this considered non-iodized such that it is as safe as the
>  aquarium salt I used before?  Thank you, and have a pleasant day!

Yep.  Canning salt contains nothing but salt.  In canning food, any additives
might precipitate out and/or cause other problems for the canned food.  Thus,
canning/pickling salt is pure salt (food grade), and nothing more.  It would
be an excellent choice for aquarium usage.