MH bulb service life/ Amano's Tenellus variety?

So, in trying to figure out why my tenellus is slowing down, I realized that
I've had my current bulb (6500k iwasaki) running for about a year.  I looked
through the archives and the manufacturer's home page, but to no avail.

Anyone have experience or hard data about the service life of these bulbs?
I'm using a 250 watt bulb in the champion lighting default ballast/pendant
setup.

Thanks in advance.

Oh yes, question number two, Amano seems to use a variety of E. Tenellus
that is much finer and reddish than the stuff I can get, is this a specific
Variety of tenellus?  Anyone know the name/have some to sell/know where I
can get some?

Thanks again.

Ted Backman