Re: red web pattern on leaves

In a message dated 07/18/2000 3:51:51 AM Eastern Daylight Time,

<< have two e. cordifolia which have begun to show an intricate pattern of
 fine red lines (like pin scratches) on new leaves which seem to diminish
 somewhat as the leaves age. >>

Hi Zack,
I have the same situation with my E. cordiflorus. Since the plant is growing
like gangbusters I am not too worried. When this started I added a piece of
jobes stick underneath it. The new leaves still begin a little red but then
turn to green much quicker than before. I believe that red in plants that
aren't normally red may be a sign of nitrogen deficiency. Check out Karen
Randalls articles:
http://aquariumfish.com/fish/aqfm/1997/dec/aquatic/default.asp
HTH,
Lynn